- What is Shellac?
Shellac is a breakthrough, patent-pending UV3 technology that
combines the ease of polish with the permanence of gels. No
other products in the market can stand up to the claim - on
like polish, wears like gel, off in minutes.
- What can I expect to pay for a Shellac service in a salon?
At Naomi's Studio & Salon we charge:
$40 includes full manicure done
$10 for the removal with no re-application
- Is the Shellac formula "3-Free"?
Yes. Shellac does not include Formaldehyde, Toluene or DBP
- Is Shellac hypo-allergenic?
Yes, a low level of photo-initiators are utilized in Shellac.
Photo-initiators can lead to sensitivity with some clients.
- Is there any odor to Shellac?
A slight odor may be noticeable upon application but not as
strong as nail polish. After curing in the lamp, residual odor
does not remain.
- Does Shellac removal damage the natural nail?
No. Shellac was developed and tested for years to perfect
every aspect of the Shellac process, including removal.
- Will Shellac last longer than 14 days?
Yes, however you will notice a "line of demarcation" as your
natural nail grows away from the cuticle. It is recommended
that you adhere to a 14 day re-application appointment, as the
adhesion will increase if worn past this point, making the
removal process a little more lengthy.
- Will soaps or other personal grooming products affect the wearability of Shellac?
No. Shellac was developed and tested to withstand the rigors
of daily wear.
- Are there any negative side effects of the frequency of removal with Shellac?
No, not as long as the system is being used correctly.
- Can Shellac be used over my enhancements (Liquid & Powder and Gel)?
Your Nail Professional can incorporate a Shellac service
with both Liquid & Powder and Gel enhancement services.
- Can I remove my own Shellac?
Yes; however, for best results and to ensure the health of the
natural nail, Shellac is a professional only service and only
trained Nail Professionals should apply & remove Shellac.
- How is this different from Opi's Axxium Gel Manicure?
There is no filing the nail bed with the Shellac to remove it--
unlike OPI's gel manicure.! You must file/buff the nail with
OPI's gel manicure, so if your nails are very thin or brittle, it
can cause further damage.